Treasure

Treasure - Kim Fielding Audiobook was provided by Kim Fielding and listened on behalf of Thorns & Ink.

I love when audio books bring characters to life even more. The voicing was simply wonderful. The breathy quality of Julian was wonderful. He wasn’t what I would call soft

spoken, just breathy and sweet spoken. Kit’s voicing reminded me of a former love of mine. That made me smile all the more. Took me back to listening to his sweet nothings and pining for the future.

Ms. Fielding is masterful at world building. I can easily believe there are dragons pulling carriages and imps hanging out near a window checking for crumbs. The description of the town makes me want to be spirited away to a cozy coastal village in Wales. (There better be imps.) The crashing of the waves and the salty air came to the forefront of my mind.

It has been a while since I have said I was in love. I collect book boyfriends and husbands like there will be a shortage. My goodness do I love Kit. I don’t know if I would love him had this not been an audiobook. If it hadn’t, I would be professing my love of Julian. When it comes to audio books (especially when they are not read in tandem), the narrator has got to sell the characters s/he is bringing a new dimension to. Joel Leslie does a superb job. As he is bringing me this story, he sells that he is each character.

The adventure and the suspense kept me on edge. I was holding my breath during the battle sequence. I was cursing Ms. Fielding; for a split second I thought she was going to have me crying while I drove home from work. I don’t get watery over books very often. There are only a few authors that can get me teary and Ms. Fielding has just joined those ranks.

This story, the way it was narrated, inspires me. To do what, I am not sure. Travel, hope, living. Step away from the norm.

A line from Alfred, Lord Tennyson’s Lady of Shalott comes to mind:

Heard a carol, mournful, holy,
Chanted loudly, chanted lowly,
Till her blood was frozen slowly,
And her eyes were darken'd wholly,
Turn'd to tower'd Camelot;
For ere she reach'd upon the tide
The first house by the water-side,
Singing in her song she died