Love Undiminished

Love Undiminished - Shaun Putaine This book was provided by the author and read on behalf of Thorns & Ink.

Where to start? I am relatively well versed when it comes to the world of D/s. Yet, I haven’t taken the time out to explore female led relationships. The best part about reading is exploring worlds that are new to you or worlds that you have heard of in passing.

This is a short and fast read. I don’t mean that negatively. This book should be read in one sitting. To not do so would break the scene. This story is that engrossing. This books pacing is delightful. The intensity of feelings that the author puts into the words are important. He shows us what each character is doing and how they are feeling. While the writing style is reminiscent of a submissive’s journal. I like the intimate quality of the writing.

Mr. Putaine introduces us to Tom and Lisa. Ah, young lovers. There is more here than meets the eye. Tom is a submissive. Not just any submissive though. He is down to his very soul wanting his forever Goddess/Mistress. In my mind’s eye, I see this big cuddly bear waiting to become a true beloved pet.

Lisa, though she was introduced to this lifestyle by Tom showed signs of strength as a dominant. I like Lisa, she is a well-developed character, I find tom more interesting. It is evident, that he needs to be cared for by taking care of his beloved, but he tempers those needs with communication. That is the most detrimental part of any relationship.

While the story covers a 6-month period, the intense emotions that develop in a D/s relationship are all present and accounted for. It can be overwhelming, but when the communication is open and clear, the end is beautiful.

This is a breath of fresh air in a genre that can, at the best of times become stale and monotonous.