Bitten By Mistake

Bitten By Mistake - Annabelle Jacobs This book was provided by Signal Boost Promotions and read on behalf of Thorns & Ink.

I love a good mystery. This is was fun from the first page. I laughed out loud (I think in some places that were inappropriate). Forced bonding is an interesting subject to tackle. It can be

handled with grace and understanding. Ms. Jacobs handles this well. I like the smoothness she uses to force Nathan and Jared together.

The dynamic was interesting that is for sure. Evening out on the town turns into a fucked up night in hell. Poor Jared. Nathan isn’t totally at fault though. Who are the bad guys hiding in the alley? Well you will have to read to find that out. We as readers are kept in the dark and that is always a bonus.

I like that Nathan and Jared have similar build descriptions. That was definite icing on the cake. Personality wise they were different in small ways that kept the dynamic interesting. A lot of the story focused on relationship building and the mystery became second place. It was a good formula for Ms. Jacobs. I liked the flow.

There was total animosity on Jared’s part. The lust and the tension build ever so nicely. I like when the tension gets so thick it has to be cut with a knife. That tension is used in an inventive way. It is the backbone of Jared and Nathan getting to know each other. Cute isn’t the word I would use to describe them. It doesn’t seem apt. I would have liked to have seen more development with Nathan. Overall, he is a strong character. He thinks on his feet and in this plot that is critical.

Now the one thing that peaked my interest and really kept me reading was that this is not a story about Alphas. Not at all. Don’t get me wrong, I love the big bruiting self-aware asshole of an Alpha character. This is about the other wolves in the pack. No rough and course insta-love here (not in the see, fuck, bite way). The insulation of simply spending almost all of their time together expedites the feelings of love and commitment.

Not all mistakes are fatal. All mistakes are life changing.