Rise Out Of The Flames

Rise Out Of The Flames - Jackie Nacht This book was provided by Signal Boost Promotions and read on behalf of Thorns & Ink.

3.5

This is an interesting take on the shifter mythos. Here we have the Phoenix. They are not what you think when it comes to shifters. This is not a typical shifter story in the least. They are the sons of Helios. I enjoyed the layout of the myth, it was handle well. I do have some questions that will more than likely be addressed as the series continues.

It was a decent setup for book one. It introduces the main characters (4 brothers and their father). I would have like to have seen a little more on the history (I am not a patient reader all of the time). The mystery of what will happen next has got my mind twirling with possibilities.

This is one of those stories where there was a chance meeting because of an incident. There may be fate, and meddling brothers, but the real magic is in simply believing in love. The frantic pitch that typically goes with fated mates stories is absent here. I greatly appreciate that. It is always refreshing for an author to buck the system.

Like all of Jackie’s stories, this one is short and to the point. She gets down to business efficiently and leaves you wanting more. In a little town somewhere there is a Phoenix waiting to burn out and rise again.

If you are looking for a fresh take on the paranormal, this a great place to find it.