The Beginning

The Beginning - Victoria Sue This book was provided by Signal Boost and read on behalf of Thorns & Ink.

Endings bring new beginnings. The sacrifice of one so that the rest shall live.

First things first. WOW. I really love the use of the veteran as a hero. I picture Marcus being photographed by Michael Stokes. Marcus is the epitome of what it means to be a personal hero. We take that word for granted and here Victoria has demonstrated a hero in all of its glory.

I read most of this holding my breath; worried. Happiness for all lovers is what I wish and page after page I wasn’t sure I would get my wish. This was suspenseful; snatching the air from my lungs with every paragraph. For all young lovers to have a family based in destiny and love. May we all be just a little bit lucky.

Gods and Goddesses run rampant here. A parallel reality. A feast for the eyes really. I like that. I have always been a fan of that. The parallel comes in the form of the White Circle. I picture them a little smarter than those I am comparing them to. (You know who I am talking about, they don’t deserve a mention.) Their signs and smarminess ruining the lives of so many. A flash in the pan I hope.

The bearing of children. What can I say? I am a sucker for pregnant men. I would love to explain the fascination. A man ripe and dewy with child; it is a happy little thought that I will always love. Oh and the birth, it was mystical, beautiful, and bloody. Like all births into any world. It is just the way Victoria does it and I appreciate it.

About the happy family you ask? Well my dear, Marcus is Alpha. Not only of his household but of the largest pack in North America. Ricoh, Nate, and Kellan. Such different men. Broken in different ways and saving each other from the dark. I mentioned a sacrifice. There is one and it is great. It brings life and peace (seemingly temporary). To give up what has always been. I can relate on a small scale. Perhaps some of you can relate on a large scale.

It has been a long time since I have mentioned music in a review. But here are a few songs that came to mind:

This Woman’s Work by Kate Bush